Siemens NX provides various kinds of patterning tool to pattern the features inside the Siemens NX. The whole patterning tools are explained in Mechanical Base. In this article we will explain creating helical shaped patterns from features in Siemens NX.
How To Make Helical Patterns In Siemens NX?
To make a helical pattern in Siemens NX, click on the Pattern Feature command in Siemens NX ribbon bar as shown by red arrow above.
After entering to the Pattern Feature command, select the feature that you want to pattern helically as shown by red arrow above.
After entering to the ‘Pattern Feature’ command in Siemens NX, select the feature to be patterned as shown by red arrow above.
Specify the direction vector for helical pattern as shown by green arrow in Siemens NX.
Specify the ‘Helix Size By’ section;
- Count, Angle, Distance: You need to enter the number of instances that you want, angle of the helix that will be created as pattern then distance between the instances.
- Count, Helix Pitch, Turn: You need to enter the number of instances that you want, enter the helix length and the number of turns of helix pattern.
- Count, Helix Pitch, Span: You need to enter the number of instances that you want, enter the helix length and the span of the instances that will be patterned.
- Angle, Helix Pitch, Turn: Enter an angle value for helix and enter the length of helix than enter the turn number of the helix.
- Angle, Helix Pitch, Span: Enter an angle value for helix and enter the length of helix than enter the span of the intances.
You can select and delete or suppress the instances individually as shown by red arrows and the blue box above. Click on OK and Apply as shown in red box above to complete the Helix Patterning.
So creating the helically patterned geometries in Siemens NX is very simple like that.
Leave your comments and questions below!