Creating Tetrahedron Mesh Structure In ANSYS Meshing(Illustrated Expression)
The shape of mesh elements has great effect on finite element analyses and ANSYS analyses. You can define the shape of your your mesh elements according to your geometry in ANSYS Meshing. In this article, we will show your how to create tetrahedron mesh shapes for your geometries in ANSYS with a very basic example below.
How To Create Tetrahedron Mesh Structure In ANSYS Meshing?
To created tetrahedron mesh structures in ANSYS, you need to rigth click on ‘Mesh’ tab, then hover your mouse on ‘Insert’ as shown by red arrow. Then click on ‘Method’ option as in red box above.
After selecting the ‘Method’, click to select the required geometries to create tetrahedron mesh structure on it as shown by red arrow above. Then click ‘Apply’ as shown by green arrow above.
From the list named ‘Method’ above, select ‘Tetrahedrons’ as shown by green arrow for your geometry.
Select one of the algorithms;
- Patch Conforming: It conforms your mesh structure to close vertices edges or faces if they exist in your geometry.
- Patch Independent: There is no conformation of tetrahedron mesh structure.
Select one of options for ‘Element Midside Nodes’ around;
- Use Global Setting: Uses the option which is used for global mesh element midside nodes option.
- Dropped: The element midside node are not used in created tetrahedron mesh.
- Kept: Element midside nodes are used at created tetrahedron mesh structure.
You can click on the given link to see what is the ‘Element Midside Nodes’ in ANSYS Meshing.
If your adjustments to create tetrahedron mesh elements on your geometry in ANSYS, right click on ‘Mesh’ then click ‘Update’ as in green box.
Creating tetrahedron mesh structures in ANSYS Meshing is very easy like above. Do not forget to leave your comments and questions about tetrahedron mesh creation in ANSYS Meshing below!