Also there is a special command that you can draw polygons easily in Siemens NX. With this command, you can specify the number of sides of your polygon. In here, we explain how to use ‘Polygon’ command to draw polygons in Siemens NX, with a very basic example below.
How To Draw Polygons In Siemens NX Sketching?
To draw a polygon in Siemens NX, you need to be inside an active sketch. Click on ‘Polygon’ command as shown by green arrow above then specify the center point of your polygon as shown by red arrow above.
Specify the number of sides of your polygon as shown in red box. You can specify the radius of your polygon manually and rotation of your polygon from blue box section. But also you can specify it by dragging your mouse after specifying center point.
There are two options to define radius of polygon. You can select one of these options from the section that is shown by blue box above;
YOU CAN LEARN SIEMENS NX IN MECHANICAL BASE; Click And Start To Learn Siemens NX!
- Incribed Radius: This is the distance value from center of polygon to middle section of a side of polygon.
- Circumscribed Radius: This is also distance between the center point of polygon and corner of polygon as you see above with green arrow above.
Also you can specify the center point of polygon with the options that are shown above in green box. From top to down;
- Cursor Location: Defines center point of polygon according to your cursor location and click.
- Existing Point: If there is an another point, you can define center point of polygon on it.
- End Point: You can directly define center point of polygon on the end of a line or another sketch feature.
- Control Point: You can define center point of polygon on control point of lines.
- Intersection Point: You can understand from its name that you can directly define center point of polygon on intersections of different sketch features in Siemens NX.
- Arc, Ellipse Center: Same logic with others.
- Quadrant Points: Placing center point of polygon on quadrants of a circle.
- Point On Curve/Edge: You can define your center point of polygon on curves or edges.
- Spline Pole: This is it 🙂
- Spline Defining Points: This is quite clear right?
So creating polygons with ‘Polygon’ command in Siemens NX is very simple like above. Do not forget to leave your comments and questions about drawing polygons in Siemens NX sketching below. Your precious feedbacks are very important for us.