Top 10 Finite Element Analysis Softwares Used By Engineers
Finite element analysis is very useful tool for engineerins, especially for mechanical engineers to simulate physical models from very basic to very complex. Generally, mesh structure is the most important aspect of finite element analyses that it needed to be created in a very professional way. The correctness of analyses that are made in various CAE softwares is mainly depend on the mesh structure that is created. Different softwares have different mesh generation tools to obtain mesh structures comply with the physical model or engineering model such as, static deformation, dynamic analyses, solids, fluids, temperature analyses etc. As you understand tha FEA engineering is a profession by itself. Here we give you the top 10 FEA softwares that are used by professional Finite Element Analysis engineers around the world!
Top 10 FEA Softwares That Used By Professionals
- ANSYS: ANSYS is one the most used finite elemen analysis software in engineering world. ANSYS has lots of kinds of tools to simulate different engineering and physical situations such as fluids in CFX and Fluent, static and dynamic motion analyses, steady-state and transient thermal and structural analyses, modal analyses in which you can obtain free-vibrational frequencies, bunch of vibrational analyses in ANSYS Mechanical. All of these different physical situations can be combined in ANSYS Workbench.
- SimScale: SimScale is also an alternative to ANSYS finite element analysis software. SimScale is cloud-based computer aided finite element analysis software that includes 3 main tools. These finite element analysis tools are; module for thermal analyses, CFD module and general mechanical analyses such as static and dynamic analyses, vibrational analyses etc.
- COMSOL Multiphysics: COMSOL Multiphysics finite element analysis software is renowned with its connectivity with other softwares such as MATLAB, Java and Autodesk Inventor. And it provides lots of kinds of analyses tools such as electical applications, fluid, mechanical analyses such as static and dynamic systems, chemical analyses and acoustics.
- OpenFoam: It is strongly recommended for us to use by professional FEA engineers. Becuase, OpenFoam finite element analysis software is open sourced software program. It is completely free CFD(computational fluid dynamics) software that academics and students can use.
- ABAQUS: Finite element analysis software of ABAQUS one of the biggest rival of ANSYS, has 5 main softwares that are provided for its professional users: Abaqus/CAE for mechanical components and assemblies, Abaqus/Standard with implicit integration scheme, Abaqus/Explicit for nonlinear and transient FEA analyses, Abaqus/CFD for computational fluid dynamics analyses and Abaqus/Electromagnetics for electronic and eletromagnetic analyses.
- Altair HyperWorks: Altair HyperWorks is a computer aided engineering software that provided by Altair Engineering Inc. Hypermesh capabilities of Altair HyperWorks provides tools to create effective meshes for multiphysics applications.
- Autodesk CFD: Nearly all the engineers that are related with engineering softwares, know the Autodesk Inc. from their CAD softwares such as Autocad and Inventor. Autodesk also provides a CFD module that users can simulate their fluid systems in finite element analysis basis. We strongly recommend you to learn this CFD tool of Autodesk.
- IVRESS: IVRESS is a very original computer aided engineering tool that come with CFD and FEA tools. IVRESS also provides a virtual reality environment to create interactive pyhsical analysis to its users.
- Nastran: Nastran one of the most iconic finite element analysis software that originally created by NASA. The creators of this FEA software is MSC. Nastran has various kinds of linear, non-linear, steady-state, transient analysis tools ranging from mechanical tools to fluid tools. Nastran’s original source codes are avaliable in varios kinds of other softwares such as NX Nastran, MSC Nastran etc.
- SAMCEF: SamCef is an another succesful finite element analysis software that is developed by SAMTECH. It developed with the purpose of mechanical virtual prototyping which means, obtaining physical simulations of mechanical and engineering systems. Samcef linear, Samcef mechano linear and non-linear, Samcef thermal linear-non-linear and BOSS Quattro modules of SAMCEF are avaliable.
- LS-DYNA: LS-DYNA is an finite element analysis software that is developed and sold by Livermore Software Technology Corporation. But this software and source codes are completely sold to ANSYS. LS-DYNA is very advanted FEA tool for non-linear and large deformation analyses. Because of this reason, it is primarily used in varios industries such as automotive, aerospace, military and in lots of others.
So there are various kinds of finite element analysis softwares are avaliable in engineering market. As Mechanical Base, we have profession in ANSYS Mechanical FEA tools. You can also learn and find lots of things and tips about ANSYS Workbench and Mechanical.
YOU CAN LEARN ANSYS IN MECHANICAL BASE; Click And Start To Learn ANSYS
A good mechanical engineer must know one of these softwares to obtain good simulations of real life engineering systems. Which software needed to be learned depend on you. Also your profession is very important to select a specific software. But as Mechanical Base, we strongly recommend you to learn ANSYS. Because;
- It is one of the most used finite elements analyses software in the world.
- It has various kinds of analysis tools for different physical conditions such as fluids, electrical, mechanical etc.
- You have a very big companion to use ANSYS; Mechanical Base 🙂
Here we listed the most known and used FEA softwares above. Do not forget to leave your comments and questions about these FEA softwares stated above. Your precious feedbacks are very important for us.