Uniform Size Function In ANSYS Meshing(Illustrated Expression)
It is very vital to optimize the mesh structure in FEA(Finite Element Analysis) of your physical or engineering system according to its geometry. Size function options can be made according to the geometric features in ANSYS Meshing . These options are proximity size function, curvature size function and unifrom size function. In this article we will explain about uniform size sfunction;
- How to adjust the size function option to uniform?
- What is uniform size function and where it needed to use in ANSYS Meshing?
Uniform Size Function Option In ANSYS Meshing
To adjust the size function to Uniform, click on mesh tab then click on ‘Uniform’ as shown in red box above in ANSYS Meshing.
Uniform size function means, there is will no refininement on mesh on geometry based on geometric proximities or geometric curvatures. You simpky specify minimum and maximum element size and the growth rate of the element sizes in ANSYS Meshing.
You need to enter the values below for Uniform Size Function in ANSYS Mesher;
- Min Size: Enter the minimum element size for mesh structure.
- Max Face Size: Enter the minimum element face size in mesh structure.
- Max Tet Size: Enter the maximum element size in mesh structure.
- Growth Rate: Enter a growth rate value from minimum element size and maximum element size. If you enter 1.5, the growth will be 50% percent in each layer.
This is the Uniform Size Function in ANSYS Mesher.
Leave your comments and questions about this topic below!